How do you make corrections on FamilySearch?
To enter the desired correction, click Edit, and follow the prompts. A space is included for other comments or explanations. User corrections will not override the information already on FamilySearch but adds an alternative. Multiple corrections can be added to a record.
How do you delete a parent on FamilySearch?
Tap the Parents tab. Find the child’s name, and tap the edit icon. If only one parent is incorrect, tap the drop-down arrow for the parent, and tap either Remove or Replace Father or Remove or Replace Mother. If both are incorrect, tap Remove Parents.
How do I delete my wife from FamilySearch?
Steps (mobile app)
- Navigate to the Person page of the individual with the incorrect spouse.
- Tap the Spouses tab.
- Underneath the incorrect spouse’s name, tap the pencil icon on the right.
- Tap Remove or Replace Wife.
- Tap the empty box once you have read the information about removing and replacing a spouse.
How do I detach a source in FamilySearch?
Steps (mobile app)
- Navigate to the person page.
- Tap Sources.
- Tap the source you want to detach.
- Tap Review Attachments. On Android, in the “compare and match” list, click the name of the person.
- Scroll to the bottom, and tap Detach.
- Enter the reason to detach the source.
- To confirm, click Detach.
How do you remove relationships from family tree?
Click on the pencil icon to the right of the couple to edit the couple relationship • Click on Remove or Replace • Click on I have reviewed . . . Click on Remove Person • Give a reason statement and click Remove.
How do you change parents on Family Tree Maker?
In the editing panel for the father or mother where you chose the relationship in the previous step, there is a box labeled “Preferred parents”. Click the “Change” button, select the preferred parents from the list, then click OK.
How do you find detached people in Family Tree Maker?
From the top of the window, click the Person menu and select Attach/Detach Person, then select Attach Father, Mother, Spouse, or Child. Scroll through the list of individuals and find the person you want to attach. Select their name, and click OK.
Do you include spouses in a family tree?
On your five-generation ancestor chart, you record only your biological ancestors—parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, etc. No aunts, uncles, cousins or siblings. Spouses or partners who aren’t your ancestors aren’t listed, either.
How do I delete an unknown spouse FTM?
How do I get rid of an unknown spouse for a person?
- Switch to the Family View.
- Bring up the person and unknown spouse in the family view (the spouse will actually just be blank)
- Highlight the person, then do Edit > Delete > Family from the menu.
How do I know if my family tree is correct?
Here are five ways you can tell if your genealogy research is most likely correct.
- You Have Found the Same Information in More Than One Set of Records. …
- Your Research Matches the Research of Other People. …
- You Can Reverse Engineer Someone Else’s Work. …
- Look for Confirmation for Your Wild Assumptions. …
- Get DNA Evidence.
Where do I find family search settings?
You can do this yourself:
- Visit www.FamilySearch.org, and sign in to the account you use as stake indexing director, which is most likely the same as your LDS Account.
- Click your name in the top right corner, and then click Settings.
- Under the FamilySearch logo in the top left corner, click the tab labeled Contact.
How do you Unaccept a hint on ancestry?
You can review or ignore a hint from this tab. Ignored: You can disregard hints by clicking Ignore. To move hints from “ignored” to “undecided,” click Don’t Ignore.