A: FTM 2017 is available for Windows PC and Mac, and we have updated system requirements for both. We do not currently have tablet or phone app versions available. For PC, Windows 7 and later are fully supported, including Windows 10.
Is Family Tree Maker compatible with Windows 10?
As per the compatibility for Family Tree Maker 2012, it is compatible with Windows 10. The upgrade will not cause any problems with the compatibility.
How do I download Family Tree Maker 2017 on a new computer?
Installing Family Tree Maker 2017 for Windows
- How do I install Family Tree Maker 2017 for Windows?
- Open the email with the link to download FTM 2017. …
- Click the link to start downloading the program (the file will automatically be saved to your Downloads folder).
Does Family Tree Maker 2012 work on Windows 10?
Family Tree Maker 2012 no longer launches on Windows 10 Home – Microsoft Community.
Has Family Tree Maker been discontinued?
Ancestry.com announced it will discontinue making its acclaimed FTM (Family Tree Maker) software, and there are a lot of angry customers.
Can I transfer Family Tree Maker to new computer?
Make sure you have your most current version of Family Tree Maker installed on your new computer. On the new computer, double-click My Computer and browse to the drive where your backup file is stored (CD, DVD, or flash drive). … Open Family Tree Maker on your new computer. Choose File>Restore.
How do I download Family Tree Maker 2019 on a new computer?
1. Once you’ve purchased FTM 2019, or gone through the FTM 2019 Upgrade Center to confirm your pre-order, you should receive download links on-screen in your browser, as well as by email. Find the link that matches your operating system (Windows or Mac), and click on that link to download the installer file. 2.
What replaced Family Tree Maker?
What you should know: In March of 2017, Ancestry and MacKiev permanently retired TreeSync and replaced it with FamilySync, a new syncing technology available in Software MacKiev’s Family Tree Maker 2017.
How do I reinstall Family Tree Maker 2019?
Install Family Tree Maker 2019
- First, use your family tree maker CD or USB Drive to install the family tree maker and click the .exe file.
- When you click on the .exe file, the installation process will be run.
- After this, you will see the welcome screen, click on the Next button to continue.
Can I upgrade Family Tree Maker 2010?
Family Tree Maker 2010 will install as a completely separate program and will not affect your old program. If you do not want to keep your old version you will need to uninstall it. … Because FTM 2010 installs as a separate program you can upgrade to 2010 directly, without having to install any older software.
How do I connect Family Tree Maker to the Internet?
Set Family Tree Maker to Go Online
Click the File menu. The bottom option will display one of two things: Go Online means you aren’t currently set to access the Internet through Family Tree Maker. Select this option to allow FTM to connect to the web.