FamilySearch does not provide an option to delete your family tree to start over. The FamilySearch Family Tree is a single collaborative tree intended to connect the entire human family. If you find errors in Family Tree, you can make corrections and attach sources to support your changes.
How do I delete an entry on Family Search?
Steps (mobile app)
- In the Family Tree mobile app, navigate to the Person page of the individual whose record you want to delete.
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner. Android: Tap Delete Person. …
- Review the information in the Delete Person window that appears.
- Explain why you are deleting the person.
- Tap Delete.
How do you make corrections on FamilySearch?
Steps (website or mobile app)
- Find the historical record that interests you.
- On the Record Details page (before enlarging the image), click Edit.
- Click Edit to the right of the field you want to change.
- A window appears inviting you to improve the information. Step 1: Enter the correct information. …
- Click Save.
How do you reset your family tree?
Delete program data using Family Tree Maker (recommended)
While holding down the SHIFT key on your keyboard, open Family Tree Maker 2017. The Family Tree Maker Startup Options window will appear. Click the Reset program settings to defaults radio button, then click OK.
How do I delete my wife from FamilySearch?
Steps (mobile app)
- Navigate to the Person page of the individual with the incorrect spouse.
- Tap the Spouses tab.
- Underneath the incorrect spouse’s name, tap the pencil icon on the right.
- Tap Remove or Replace Wife.
- Tap the empty box once you have read the information about removing and replacing a spouse.
How do I find relatives on FamilySearch?
Find Relatives Using the Tree Search
- If you want to search for a relative who may be in the Tree (even if you haven’t used the Family Tree before) you can go to FamilySearch, and under the Search tab, choose Family Tree. …
- Choosing Male or Female, if known, can help narrow your search results.
How do you merge people on FamilySearch?
- In Family Tree, display a person page.
- If the Details section is not displayed, click Details.
- In the Research Help section, click a Possible Duplicate message.
- Click Review Merge. …
- Decide if the records are about the same person. …
- Decide what information to keep. …
- Click Continue.
- Finish the merge:
Can I delete my ancestry family tree and start over?
From any page on Ancestry, click the Trees tab and select a family tree. in the top-left corner and select Tree Settings. In the bottom-right corner of the Tree Settings page, click the Delete your tree link. Once a tree is deleted, it can’t be recovered.
Is ancestry com a ripoff?
Ancestry has a consumer rating of 1.62 stars from 421 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Ancestry most frequently mention customer service, credit card and family tree problems. Ancestry ranks 19th among Genealogy sites.
Can you undo in ancestry?
Find the change you want to undo. If the word Restore appears on the far right, you can easily undo it. Click Restore. On the popup, review the information that will be restored.
How do I remove a person from Family Tree Maker?
In a tree, click on the person you want to delete. In the menu that appears, click the tools menu and select Delete this person. Click Delete to permanently delete the person.
How do I delete an unknown spouse FTM?
How do I get rid of an unknown spouse for a person?
- Switch to the Family View.
- Bring up the person and unknown spouse in the family view (the spouse will actually just be blank)
- Highlight the person, then do Edit > Delete > Family from the menu.
How do I show divorce on FamilySearch?
How do I view divorce information in Family Tree?
- In Family Tree on the FamilySearch.org website, display the person page of one of the spouses.
- If the Details is not shown, click Details.
- Scroll to Family Members.
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the marriage information. The relationship fly-out appears.