FamilySearch does not provide an option to delete your family tree to start over. The FamilySearch Family Tree is a single collaborative tree intended to connect the entire human family. If you find errors in Family Tree, you can make corrections and attach sources to support your changes.
How do I edit my family tree on FamilySearch?
- While signed in to FamilySearch.org, click Family Tree.
- Navigate to the person page of the child with the incorrect parents.
- If the Details section is not open, click the Details tab.
- Scroll to the Family Members section.
- Under Parents and Siblings, find the child’s name, and click the Edit icon .
Can you make FamilySearch tree Private?
The FamilySearch Family Tree provides access to person records, relationships, and other data that is regulated by law. … Now, every FamilySearch user has a private space of their own. Data in a private space can be viewed and managed only by the assigned user of the private space.
How do I remove my wife from family tree?
Steps (Family Tree lite)
Under the individual’s name, click View Family. Under Spouses and Children, you can view the different marriage relationships. Between the individual and the spouse, click the Edit icon . Click Remove or Replace under the name of the incorrect spouse.
How accurate is Family Tree app?
It then compares that cloud of data to the data indexed on over 5 billion FamilySearch historical records and returns records for a person that displays a high confidence of being the same as the Family Tree ancestor. Current accuracy has been verified at better than 98%.
How do you undo changes in FamilySearch?
To undo changes made about the person, follow these steps: Find the Latest Changes box. Click Show All.
If the word Restore appears on the far right, you can easily undo it.
- Click Restore.
- On the popup, review the information that will be restored.
- Click Restore.
Can you share FamilySearch tree?
If you would like to share Family Tree information and collaborate with others, invite them to register for a free FamilySearch Account. They can do so by going to familysearch.org and clicking the Free Account button in the upper right corner of the page.
How do I find a living person on FamilySearch?
While signed in to FamilySearch.org, click Family Tree. Navigate to the Person page of an immediate family member of the living individual. If you do not see Vitals near the top of the page, click Details. Scroll to the Family Members section.
How do I delete an unknown spouse FTM?
How do I get rid of an unknown spouse for a person?
- Switch to the Family View.
- Bring up the person and unknown spouse in the family view (the spouse will actually just be blank)
- Highlight the person, then do Edit > Delete > Family from the menu.