FamilySearch does not provide an option to delete your family tree to start over. The FamilySearch Family Tree is a single collaborative tree intended to connect the entire human family. If you find errors in Family Tree, you can make corrections and attach sources to support your changes.
How do I correct information on FamilySearch?
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
- On the Family screen, tap the name of the person whose information you want to correct.
- Tap the information that you want to change, and tap Edit.
- Review the reason statement. …
- Edit the information. …
- Enter a reason statement to explain why the information is correct. …
- Tap Save.
Can you have more than one family tree on FamilySearch?
The FamilySearch Genealogies database is separated into multiple “trees” that can contain persons. A user can create a tree and add/update/remove persons from the tree. Relationships can be created between two persons in a tree, but are not read outside the context of the person.
How do I remove someone from FamilySearch tree?
While signed into FamilySearch, navigate to the Person page of the individual whose record you want to delete. If you do not see Vitals near the top of the page, click the Details tab. Scroll down to the Tools section in the right column. Click Delete Person.
How do I detach a source in FamilySearch?
Steps (mobile app)
- Navigate to the person page.
- Tap Sources.
- Tap the source you want to detach.
- Tap Review Attachments. On Android, in the “compare and match” list, click the name of the person.
- Scroll to the bottom, and tap Detach.
- Enter the reason to detach the source.
- To confirm, click Detach.
How can I search my family tree for free?
View and explore your family tree in three simple steps.
- Take a Look. Go to FamilySearch.org/tree and sign in. …
- Add More. If you have less than 3 generations, go to familysearch.org/ﬁrst-run to ﬁll things in.
- Search and Link. Click on an ancestor’s name in the Family Tree, then on Person.
How can I find my family tree without paying?
Go to FamilySearch.org and create a free online account. Click the Family Tree icon. Enter the information you have gathered about your own family history. Add photographs, dates, and other pertinent information.
How can I print my whole family tree on FamilySearch?
Find the Print section on the right side of the screen, and click either Family or Family with Sources. On the PDF that displays, click the printer icon. Click Print. The chart opens as a PDF in a new tab.
Is FamilySearch any good?
For really deep records, in terms of time, FamilySearch is excellent as it goes back hundreds of years. Since this started in the US it is particularly helpful to US residents that have a long history in the states. The only thing missing is DNA testing which many of the other genealogy sites do offer.
Is FamilySearch tree Private?
The FamilySearch Family Tree provides access to person records, relationships, and other data that is regulated by law. … Now, every FamilySearch user has a private space of their own. Data in a private space can be viewed and managed only by the assigned user of the private space.
How can I share my family tree on FamilySearch?
If you would like to share Family Tree information and collaborate with others, invite them to register for a free FamilySearch Account. They can do so by going to familysearch.org and clicking the Free Account button in the upper right corner of the page.